Monday, August 23, 2010

As Yo Gabba Gabba would sing..."keep trying keep trying don't give up"


So maybe only 1 of you will appreciate this title...but you might relate with the rest.

This morning I was in no mood for the challenge of a love dare. But there it was that stupid faux-leather-wanna-be-looking brown book. FINE!!! I thought as I turned to my next dare. Turns out it was exactly what I needed to snap me out of my funky wife tude. I proceeded to pray for a soft heart because I was feeling like my heart was a rock--or at the very least calloused. Then later that morning I was reading a book and this verse just about knocked me over (which would have been bad because I was on the treadmill at the Y)...
"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh." Ezekiel 36.26

This made me realize that where you are in the book might be exactly where you need to be. I am not exactly on track which is good because I got this message this day.

My reason for sharing is (1) to highlight how cool our God is (2) to encourage all of us to keep going with the dare...even when you'd rather hide the book or throw it across the room.

So "keep trying, keep trying, don't give up"

1 comment:

  1. ok...so i'm the 'one person'...you know our fam loves us some yo gabba gabba...is anybody with me?!

    amen, meg...i am finding the same thing over and over...God is speaking to me in amazing, meaningful ways right where i am.

    praying he is doing that for the rest of you too!!

    ReplyDelete