Wednesday, August 4, 2010

LOVE... even when they are bugging the crap out of you!

It is a good thing I was not on the Bible writing committee. Because my title of this entry is how I would have worded LOVE IS UNCONDITIONAL. First, let me say I felt like a cheater at first because I wrote down in the book what I did today for my DARE before I actually did it. But then I thought --Ahh Ha! This is brilliant because now I HAVE TO DO IT NO MATTER WHAT. I plan to give my hubby a foot soak and foot rub when he gets home today. Now this means that even if he walks in that door and is annoying me (not that I think he will but he could) I commit to giving him this very loving gift of a foot soak and foot rub. I actually had this happen to me before. I had promised a back rub (my husband really likes massages) and despite the rest of the day not going so romantic comedy movie perfect I still gave him that back rub. I did have to put on my big girl pants at the end of the night and say, ok still up for that massage? And that massage reminded me that I loved this person so much. But that massage only happend because I made a promise. We all made a promise to LOVE back when we got married. Now, if you are like me you may not have fully understood what you were promising when got married. I think we are all still learning what LOVE means. And to me it means LOVING when the other person is bugging the crap out of you. I might put that in my vows if I ever re-new them. I love you ladies and your marriages! And remember YOUR MARRIAGE IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR...IT IS WORTH PUTTING ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTS! We could learn to love like Jesus when we remember...We love, because He first loved us. 1John 4.19

1 comment:

  1. amen...i wish you had been on the 'Bible writing committee' : )

    ReplyDelete